About JBC Associates, Inc.
JBC Associates, Inc. (JBC) is a Philadelphia area based Professional Construction Management firm, that is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JBC has been in business for 34+ years and is a certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) with many local, state and federal agencies. JBC is one of Pennsylvania’s largest and most respected women-owned professional construction management firms. We have experienced continued growth and currently provide professional services on over $1.5 billion annually in construction. As one of Philadelphia’s largest women owned businesses, JBC has been ranked locally as one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in the Philadelphia area and nationally among Engineering News Record’s Top 100 Construction Management for Fee firms in the country.
JBC Associates, Inc. has an immediate position available for a Project Manager experienced in mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) design and construction for large complex facilities. The successful candidate will support the City of Philadelphia, Division of Aviation, Capital Development Group in successfully delivering MEP improvement projects at Philadelphia International Airport. The Project Manager will be responsible for administering and managing multiple projects in various stages of planning, design, construction, commissioning and close-out.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Managing the design and construction process and provide updates and reports to Airport Engineering, Maintenance and Operations as well as any additional stakeholders.
- Read and interpret detailed design/construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develop a clear understanding of project scope.
- Develop and manage all project documentation and reporting, and communicate with project staff, designers and contractors.
- Day-to-day project monitoring and communications.
- Facilitate all meetings with contractors; prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Review and track construction contracts, construction schedules and costs.
- Review and approve contractor payment applications.
- Review, negotiate and process change orders including costs and time.
- Work with the project team to avoid or minimize project risks due to potential issues, change orders, etc. and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner by providing solutions and guidance and reporting any impacts to management.
- Assist in inspections, punchlists, and reviews by Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering or related field. Significant project management experience in the MEP design and construction fields for public owners may be considered in place of a BS degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the MEP fields on multi-prime projects.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and life-safety systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders on the project.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of project management software (e-Builder) is a plus.
- This position requires this individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
- This position requires a background check.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
JBC Associates is proud to offer a competitive benefits package for our eligible employees including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match, dependent care FSA, and an employee assistance program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
JBC Associates, Inc. is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. → More about JBC
If you are interested in working for a growing, progressive organization with unlimited opportunities for advancement, email your resume to: