JBC ASSOCIATES, INC. is a highly respected consulting firm that specializes in Construction Management and Construction Inspection. We partner with clients in our region, including the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, providing construction management, inspection, scheduling and engineering services on major transportation projects. JBC is a well-established firm, ranked locally as one of the Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in the Philadelphia area and nationally among Engineering News Record’s Top 100 Construction Management for Fee firms in the country.
JBC is currently hiring Transportation Construction Inspectors to join our growing team. We are looking to fill inspector openings at all levels including assistants (TA), inspectors (TCI), supervisors (TCIS), and managers (TCM) in PennDOT Districts 4-0, 5-0, and 6-0 which covers all of Eastern PA. Anyone with any level of highway, bridge, asphalt or concrete construction inspection experience is encouraged to apply.
- Providing daily on-site inspection of construction work to ensure the project is in compliance with plans and specifications
- Observe field work to ensure workmanship and materials used meet standards
- Monitor and prepare daily comprehensive documentation including construction activity, equipment, and manpower on various inspection reports
- Review construction plans and verify that materials and equipment conform with approved plans
- Oversight and documentation of contractor startup and testing activities
- Monitor established schedules and document work performance and schedule variances
- Assist with the preparation of “as built” drawings
- High school diploma (or GED) required
- Possess a valid drivers license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Construction experience is preferred; PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike experience is a plus
- Ideal candidates are prequalified as PennDOT Inspectors
- Preferred certifications include any combination of the following: NICET, ACI, NECEPT Concrete and Bituminous, ECMS experience, CDS NextGen/V3/iPad/Kahua.
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off including vacation time, personal time, and paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
JBC Associates, Inc. is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law. → More about JBC
Email Resume To:
*Please reference the position for which you are applying.